19th Century Lincoln Parishes map
Key to nineteenth-century parish boundary map of Lincoln
This map is based on the plan of Lincoln by Padley and Thropp, 1883, with the exception of the southern corner of St Botolph’s parish which does not appear on the Padley plans. The boundary of this area is as shown on Dewhirst and Nichols’ 1839 map and partly on the OS 25-inch plan of 1885-86. Minor changes to some divided parishes and extra-parochial areas were recorded in the 1891 census report as occurring in 1888. Nevertheless, the transfer of the Monks Liberty north of Greetwell Road to St Peter-in-Eastgate parish was recorded on the OS six-inch map, sheet Lincs. LXX.NE, surveyed in 1886.
See sections 3 and 7 for more detail and/or D R Mills and R C Wheeler (eds), Historic Town Plans of Lincoln 1610-1920, Lincoln Record Society for the Survey of Lincoln, vol.92 (Lincoln, 2004), from which the map is reproduced (Map drawn by Joan Mills).