Industry in the Valuation
In viewing this map, one needs to concentrate on the magenta and orange. Industry was concentrated around the Brayford and on Waterside North. Trade was concentrated around the High Street - Silver Street junction, where St Peter-at-Arches church stood.
Yellow tends to represent a genuine mixture: there were iron foundries in Waterside South but there were a lot of ordinary houses too. West of Bailgate the mixture may be more intimate, with trade intermingled with houses of varying sorts.
- Introduction to the 1828 Valuation
- Survey of the city in 1828
- The Valuation as a spreadsheet
- Boundaries of the parish valuation 'precincts' used in 1828-9
- Lincoln Rateable Values in 1828-9 - An 'estate agent's map'
- Part houses in the Valuation
- Waterside Properties
- Malting - Lincoln's forgotten industry
- Short biographies of wealthier owners
- 1828 Valuation - the next stage