3. Example Form

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION ON THE LINCOLN BUILDING APPLICATIONS DATABASE, 1866-1952  

This application was made in 1895 on behalf of Joseph Ruston, the founder of Lincoln’s second largest Victorian engineering works, now part of Siemens. He developed part of St Giles’ Avenue. (Mills, Dennis, ‘St Giles’ Avenue’, Uphill Lincoln II: The North-Eastern Suburbs, Survey of Lincoln, 2010, pp. 44-46).

Fig.3.1. Application form 16 August 1895 sent in by architect J H Cooper on behalf of Joseph Ruston.     From City of Lincoln Council building application records deposited in Lincolnshire Archives, courtesy of Lincolnshire County Council